DAB (3,3-diaminobenzidine tetrahydrochloride), is used as a chromogen substrate in immunohistochemistry. DAB produces a brown colour during the enzymatic degradation of H2O2 by horseradish peroxidase.
1 tablet dissolved in 10 ml of distilled water will give a solution with pH 7.0 +0.1 and a concentration of 1 mg/ml DAB buffered with 20 mM phosphate.
Standard package size is 50 tablets/vial.
- Each tablet contains 10 mg of DAB
- Dissolves in distilled water in less than 5 minutes
- Stable and robust
- Negligible batch-to-batch variation
- Development time: 5-30 minutes
- At least 2 years at 2-8° C
- For long term storage DAB tablets should be kept at -20°C
All products are available as OEM components or under our own Kem-En-Tec Diagnostics A/S label.