OPD Tablets for colorimetric detection of Horseradish Peroxidase activity in ELISAs.
Ortho-Phenylenediamine (OPD) is a water soluble chromogenic substrate that produces a yellow color during the enzymatic degradation of hydrogen peroxide by horseradish peroxidase (HRP) with an absorption maximum at 450 nm. After addition of sulfuric acid a very stable orange end solution is obtained that can be read at 490 nm.
Kem-En-Tec Diagnostics offers:
- Fizzing OPD tablets: 2 mg tablets are available as fizzing, buffer-containing tablets (#4110-100)
|Catalog number||Tablet type||Tablet size||Package size|
|4110-100||Fizzing OPD tablets||2 mg||100 tablets/vial|
FAST RED is a sensitive chromogenic substrate for use in immuno-histochemistry and immunoblotting procedures.
FAST RED offers an Alkaline Phosphatase immunostaining system which produces a red stain precipitate at the site of the antigens.
Each tablet contains:
- 2 mg FAST RED chromogen
- 0.5 mg naphthol phosphate
- 0.4 mg levamisole (an inhibitor of endogenous enzyme activity).
1 tablet is dissolved in 2 ml of 0.1M TRIS Buffer.
Standard package size is 50 tablets/vial.
- Stable and robust
- Negligible batch-to-batch variation
- Development time: 5-30 minutes
- 18 -24 months at 2-8° C
- For long term storage Fast Red tablets should be kept at -20°C
All products are available as OEM components or under our own Kem-En-Tec Diagnostics A/S label.